June 16, 2014 9:13 pm
Ideas for staying motivated at the gym
- set aside $60 at the beginning of each NF challenge earmarked for a treat that is specified in advance. Say I want to get to the gym 5x per week, each workout I miss loses me $2. Could be a way to save up for something big.
- star chart on the fridge
- NF accountabuddy group
- set an alarm outside the bedroom
- no gym, no breakfast
- don't break the chain, with $1 earned every day the chain grows. Collect it after the chain gets so long. Game it - level 1= 5 day chain - collect "winnings" after 5 days. Level 2 = 7 days. Miss a day, start the level all over again
- similar to above, but set "prizes" at different mileposts. 5 workouts in a row, get socks. 30 days in a row, get a pedicure. 300 days, a kayak.
- no gym, cold shower
- miss a day, I have to clean out cat boxes the rest of the week
- I can only read novels for the same amount of time I exercise