June 9, 2014 8:43 pm
Ways to save money
- give up alcohol
- give up fizzy water
- call around to check rates on insurance
- give up landline
- buy less stuff
- make more soups/be more strategic about meal planning
- make a real budget and stick to it. In other words, don't ignore the basics!
- have a plan for what to do with the money saved from implementing tactics. This should give incentive to do more saving.
- inventory what we have (clothes, food in freezer, etc) to eliminate duplicate/unneeded purchases.
- turn off one click buying on Amazon.
- check the library/amazon prime library before purchasing any books.
- review investments, 501k, etc. for unreasonable fees
- garden before farmer's market
- for clothes and shoes especially: shop, make a list of what you need and which items will work best, then wait for a sale before purchase.
- reprogram the thermostat so it gets a couple degrees hotter during the day.