June 9, 2014 8:42 pm
Ideas for a week-long vacation with kids for relatively little money
- camp in Mt Rogers NRA. Biking, rafting, hiking
- camping/driving trip through northen NY, VT. Biking, rafting, hiking, rock hunting
- camping in Acadia. Hiking, tide pools, explore Bar Harbor, sea kayaking
- rent cabin in Smoky Mtns. Hiking, biking, rafting
- instead if one solid week, do several long weekends: Chincoteague, False Cape, Norfolk, Charlottesville
- Pennsylvania. Hershey, Falling Water, Amish country
- camping/city stay in Quebec. Hiking, rock hounding, Montreal, Quebec City
- rent cabin in VA state park or private land in the Mtns: Hungry Mother, Doutthat.
- cabin in a lake in Maine. Canoeing, hiking
- canoe camp in the Boundary Waters
- tour all the federal parks & monuments in VA. Ok- maybe just the ones in a specific region (NOT the historic triangle).
- mini city breaks: D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Boston (this gets pricey!)
Stay-cations are out. There are too many screens here.